Start: Fri, Feb 05
- Dana Press
- public policy on morality
how the brain enables the mind
how beliefs are formed & deepened
- field of philosophy
- right/wrongs – treatment / enhancement of human brain
- social issues of disease, normality, mortality, lifestyle
- philosophy of living informed by our understanding of underlying brain mechanisms
- brain-based philosophy of life
the brain wants to believe. We are wired to form beliefs.
cultural influences, environment, religious beliefs.
/* (-) aspect of culture: arbitrary/random nature of subjective experiences by means of contextual variations
states of being
- potential for development
conceptual agreement of established scientific fact; yet wide/drastic variations in rituals of determination/practice